Wednesday 26 September 2012

it's Jude... and she's doing stuff

I had to revisit the list to check how many things I had incidentally, or accidentally done without letting anyone know how chuffed I was about them. So here's a few wee updates:

no. 33 organise my craft stuff and work space

Well hey I've done this. It actually took oodles of time because stage one of the project involved getting rid of an enormous number of books to free up space in the dining room, where my craft nook now sits. Ah yes, I sigh for the days when I had a whole craft room to myself. Clearly that was before it became Martha's bedroom. Now it's a nook. We gave at least 10 boxes of books to rotary. I used some nifty boxes with lids we were collecting by getting fruit and veg delivered. Actually that should be the other way around, shouldn't it? The purpose of the deliveries was produce, the box collection was incidental.

In short, I collected boxes. Freed up space on bookshelves. Put things in boxes. I considered taking a picture, but honestly, who apart from me is very interested in crafty things having their own proper space? Suffice to say they have it. I even dusted!

no. 15 go wine tasting with Dave where neither of us has to drive

It was a while ago now so it slips my mind whether Dave actually did drive or not. But I certainly got to taste. We went to a few nice places in the Barossa with my brother Hugh and sister-in-law Kim while they visited over Christmas. I know... I'm updating 9 months later. Shameful, isn't it.

Still, even if Dave did drive that time, we have another venture planned. We are hoping to spend our 15th anniversary in McLaren Vale and I've heard a rumour there are a few wineries somewhere in that vicinity. I shall report back.

no. 39 go to Gold Class cinema with Dave.

Hullo hullo. Young Dave seems to be benefiting a bit from this activity, doesn't he? Thanks to a lovely birthday present voucher from my sister Marg we took in a show at Marion, a low budget little pic from a favourite autor, Joss Whedon, called The Avengers. You may have heard it did ok. Given I didn't pay for the tickets I felt perfectly justified laying down some hard earned dosh for gourmet nibbles, choccie dessert (which I believe was actually compulsory given they make them with Lindt) and a few glasses of this and that. I certainly could get used to the reclining chairs and the people bringing me tasty morsels. Pity Marion was such a hike but well worth the trip. A lovely outing had by all.

no. 7 run city bay faster than last time.

Err, no. Training going quite well. I now run regularly and even enjoy it! Then fell gracelessly during my last 10k training run and bunged up my knee. Boo. I shall be trying again next year. Stay tuned.

And to wrap it all up with a jaunty musical number...

no. 18 try out playing a banjo.

Err, no to that too. But I feel a step closer as I bought a beginner's mandolin. Can't say I can play it yet, but baby steps. Have learnt some scales and three chords. And perhaps sometime in the not too distant future I shall start practicing again. Why this should be progress towards learning a banjo is anyone's guess but I feel I should mention it.




No comments:

Post a Comment